One of the most popular Insta posts on my personal Insta was a picture of a super easy Mac and Cheese I made.
I thought I’d share the recipe here. There’s no magic ingredient but it was so so tasty. It’s always a hit in this house with Mr N and E too. I usually serve with a side of steamed Broccoli but peas would work well too.
So you’ll need –
250g of any Pasta (We like Rigatoni)
250g of grated Mature cheddar cheese
350ml of milk
One tablespoon of Butter
One tablespoon of plain flour
2 x Crackers ( We use Jacobs whole grain)
Optional – Diced smoked Bacon
Oven pre heated to 180 degrees.
And here’s what to do –
1) Boil pasta and set aside
2) Fry off bacon bits and set aside
3) In a saucepan melt your butter and then add your flour. Once combined add milk and then stir, stir, stir until its kind of all mixed together and a bit thick.
4) Add all your cheese minus a handful into the milky mixture and stir until melted.
5) Chuck the pasta, bacon and sauce into an over proof dish and give it a good mix up.
6) Sprinkle your left over cheese on top of the pasta mix up.
7) Crush your crackers by rolling over them a few times on a chopping board and then add these to the mix up too.
8) Bake in the oven for 15 mins or until it’s golden.
9) Take our oven, leave for 5 mins and then serve.
Let me know if you decide to make it or add stuff to it! I’m always looking out for new food!